Monday 7 March 2011

Justjen's Easy Ripple Tea Cosy


 I'm still fiddling around with ripple stitch, remembering how much I love doing it after making the last cushion. I was so tempted to start another ripple blankie, but I need to finish the one I'm doing with squares first,
(I have done 3 squares so far, I'm definitely a bludger).
Of course I had to make a cosy instead. I wanted to make an easy tea cosy with a simple modern look.                                                       

I've made ripple stitch cosies before, like this one in the 2nd photo (the pattern for this cosy is not included on this page)
but it was huge & it took an obscene amount of yarn to crochet it.

I 've used the same ripple stitch as the cushion, but I've adapted it to fit a couple of different sized cosies, by changing the amount of dcs between the v's.

Helpful Advice 
I've edited this pattern advice several times, as the success of this pattern lies with using the correct yarn & the correct tension. Please read - thanks.

*The pattern states to use, & is designed for 8ply/DK yarn & 4mm hook to give the correct size.
If you use a thicker yarn like 10/12 ply in the size patterns I've included, the cosy will end up too LARGE for the specified Teapot. Of course you can experiment with other yarns but I can't guarantee success.   
*Please check your tension before you start, especially if you are a loose crocheter (I am an average tension crocheter) you may have to use a smaller hook, or use the smaller pattern for best results.
*The largest size cosy is made to generously fit a large 6 cup teapot. As all teapots are different I've included the width & height of both teapots I used to help with sizing.
If you have a 6 cup pot which is smaller in circumference yet taller, you will have to adjust the pattern by perhaps using the smaller size, & doing more rounds which is suggested in the pattern.
Funnily enough if you decide not to crochet into the back of every stitch as is in the pattern, the cosy will make up a little wider in size as well (I experimented with this lol).
*When you first start crocheting, the width of the cosy will seem too wide for the given pot. As you continue, the ripples will start to form & draw in the width of the cosy.
Hope this is helpful - Jen.

                                                                  Easy Ripple Tea Cosy
















Cosy on left will fit a 6 cup teapot, cosy measures 44cm circumference, 19cm tall. Cosy on right fits a 3-4 cup teapot, cosy measures 40cm circumference, 15cm tall.

© Jennifer Stacey 2011
                                                   For personal use, not to be sold for profit
You'll need 8ply/DK yarn, oddments of each colour, 4mm (G) crochet hook & some cute buttons.
The buttons I used were from a large novelty bag of buttons from Spotlight.

Pattern uses English crochet terminology.

Tension - 17 dc over 10cm using 4mm (g) hook - tension checked over a straight piece of crochet, not over the ripple stitch pattern. Please check your tension, the wrong tension /yarn will affect the finished size.

Terms -
dec over next 3 sts - insert hook in next st, yo & draw up a loop, miss next st, insert hook in next st, yo & draw up a loop, yo & draw through all 3 loops on hook.

dec over next 2 sts - Insert hook in next st, yo & draw up a loop, insert hook in next st, yo & draw up a  loop, yo & draw through all 3 loops on hook.

6 CUP COSY
MAKE 2 -FRONT & BACK 
Foundation Row - Make 64 ch, miss first ch, 1dc in next 9 ch * 3dc in next ch, 1dc in next 9 ch, dec over next 3 ch, 1 dc in next 9 ch. Repeat from * to last 10 ch, 3dc in next ch, 1 dc in next 9 ch.

1st row - Work in back loop of every dc to give a ridged effect.
1ch, dec over next 2 sts, 1dc in next 8dc * 3dc in next dc (which should be the middle dc of the 3dc in last row), 1dc in next 9 dc, dec over next 3sts, 1 dc in next 9 dc. Repeat from * to last 11 sts, 3dc in next dc, 1dc in next 8dc, dec over last 2 sts.
Repeat 1st row, working in stripes of 6 rows, or as you like. Keep working until the top point of the ripples when brought in to the middle, just clear the top of your pot, adding a little height for a seam allowance.
Remembering, the bottom flaps of the cosy will be turned up to produce a flat edge on the bottom, so make your measurement from that folded edge.

My cosy had 30 rows all up, but measure yours for a good fit, as all pots are different.
Just a hint, if you come to the correct height & you're only a couple of rows into a new colour, you're better off going back & continuing with the last stripe colour instead. You'll find otherwise when you join up the top you'll loose your new colour in the seam.


 Assembly
Use what threads you have at the sides to do your seams, sew in all others you won't use.
Sew the side seams. From the bottom, sew the seam in reverse (to the outside of the cosy) only for this section under the spout & handle. When you turn the flap up you will then have a neat finish on the outside.
Hope you can see from the photo what I mean.
Now sew the sides together down from the top using a normal seam (you don't do this in reverse), to fit above your handle & spout.
Turn the cosy inside out to sew the top. You'll be sewing the edges of the triangles together, so that all the points are brought into the centre. You'll get a better finish if you do a backstitch seam about 1 row in, instead of a flat seam. The pieces really need to be taken in a bit to get a good fit. Pin first if you want to check for fit (I love to pin).
If you find you have a little hole in the centre just gather it in & fasten off.
Hopefully it will look like this if you can follow my primitive directions lol. I'm really loving that green & purple, what would the world be like without colour!

Almost done, now you get to play with buttons.
You'll have a cosy which looks like this (left) unless I've totally led you astray. As you can see from the previous photo I didn't put a button under the spout & handle but just folded the flap up & stitched it in place. Fold the other flaps up to create your flat bottom edge, & sew on your buttons.
Don't forget your button, flower, big flashy jewel, anything you like to go on the top.











 All done.
Now to make the smaller one, here are the 2 rows you'll need.
4 CUP COSY
MAKE 2 - FRONT & BACK
Foundation Row
Make 58ch, miss first ch, dc in next 8ch *3dc in next ch, 1dc in next 8ch, dec over next 3ch, 1dc in next 8ch. Repeat from * to last 9ch, 3dc in next ch, 1 dc in next 8ch.
,
1st Row - Work in the back of each dc,
1ch, dec over next 2 dc, 1dc in next 7dc, *3dc in next dc (which should be the centre dc of the 3dc from the previous row) 1dc in next 8dc, dec over next 3 sts, 8dc. Repeat from * to last 10 sts, 3dc in next dc, 1dc in next 7dc, dec over last 2 sts.
Continue 1st row as with the first cosy. This one has stripes of 4 rows each, 24 rows all up, but again you can do your own thing depending on your pot.

If you want to make a smaller cosy again, use 7 dc between ripples. Calculate how many ch you need to start with, by marking the pattern out on paper first - easy.

I hope you like this one, I love the buttons & the colours, so it ended up being a successful experiment.
Not all of my experiments are successful, but you don't get to see those lol.
Please let me know if there are any bungles in the pattern, or if there is anything you don't understand,
love Jenny.
ETA 1/9/2011
Added instructions to make a 6 cup cosy in Noro Kureyon,
Just thought I'd add this one I've made in Noro Kureyon.


This one fits my 6cup teapot snugly, I used a 4.5mm hook (there is no recommended hook size on the Kureyon label, only needle size) which gave me a nice warm cosy. I started with 52ch to make 7 dc between ripples. I did 24 rows but I reckon 23rows may have just been enough for my teapot, but measure as you go for your own pot.

© Jennifer Stacey 2011

For personal use, not to be sold for profit

94 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the buttons, especially the little teapot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tea cosy. Think I will make one for mum for Mother's Day.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you`ve got realy lovely (and naughty) tea cosys
    beautiful work.
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your lovely comments. I'd love to see your "finished" photos. Miek 2 if you like the naughty cosy you'll like what I'm making my son for his birthday (it's not a cosy though)
    Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing your pattern for this lovely tea cosy. I especially like the star pattern on the top and the use of buttons. Buttons are one of my favorite embellishments. The tutorial is super.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kathleen, & thanks for the comment on the tutorial,it's hard to know if you're explaining everything well enough, I appreciate that - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adore this cozy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chris Roderick UKMarch 12, 2011

    Love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Thank you Lynda & Chris - Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousMay 05, 2011

    Oh this is so cute! I will try to make one for my friend. Let's see if I'm able to translate the text.
    Love
    Tuula (from Finland)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Tuula, hope it translates correctly for you - Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this cozy and i think i will give it a try. thanks for the pattern sue~nz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Jenny, I was looking for a nice crochet teacosy for a long time. This is it.
    Love from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  14. This. Is. Awesome. Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks lisbonlioness - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. AnonymousJuly 17, 2011

    Just come across this pattern and as we are redecorating the kitchen this will be ideal to make in our new colours. Thank you very much ! luv Jenni in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Jenni (another Jenni) there are a few of us aren't there? lol. Have fun redecorating, one can never stop at one room.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks,can't wait to give it a try,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Going to make this as a hat!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good idea Carla, a few people have also suggested that,thanks for having a look at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Contributions are invited for Bundoora Homestead Art Centre’s annual Teacosy Festival, May 2 - May 27, 2012, as a fund raiser for Cancer Council Victoria. Teacosies must be handmade (knitted, stitched, felted, crocheted etc.) and the use of recycled materials is encouraged. Contributions are required by 20 April, 2012 and should be sent with the following details: your home address, contact telephone number and title/s of each teacosy.

    http://bundoorahomestead.com/whats-on/teacosy-festival

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your teapot cozy pattern, going to make it in near future. Thanks for pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely beautiful colors! Thanks so much for the pattern. I think I will use the same idea for a baby beanie.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this pattern, beautiful!!
    Greetings from Holland,
    Jeanet

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much for sharing your pattern for this lovely tea cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your teapot cozy. I found you through a link from About.com. You stated at the top "not to be sold". Did you mean the pattern or the cozy. I would like to sell the cozy on my etsy shop and credit you with the pattern. Does that work?
    Thanks, Anna
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/cozycornercrochets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, no perhaps it's better to create and sell your own original designs on Etsy.

      Delete
  27. Thanks for your fantastic pattern! It was so easy to follow and the finished product looks great (even if I did do mine upside down). If you're interested, I posted some pics of my finished cosy on my blog here: http://www.katiefoolery.com/2012/07/the-travelling-tea-cosy/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie so glad you liked the pattern, went to take a peek at your blog, the cosy is fabulous and so is your blog. Hope you make many more tea cosies now that you've taken the plunge - Jen.

      Delete
  28. I've just started this project, for a christmas gift. So far so good, your instructions are simple to follow :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm pleased Rachel, if you have any problems just post here, or my email address - Jen

      Delete
  29. Hi, Thanks so much for your pattern. I thouroughly enjoyed making this. It was the perfect item for a christmas gift. I'm looking forward to making another one for my Granmother for her birthday. I would love to show you how it turned out. Would that be possible?
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  30. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151219442756915.453547.735791914&type=3

    This is a link to my album of crochet projects on Facebook. Hopefully, you can see them. Included is the Tea Cosy from your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for the feedback Rachel, I'm so pleased you were happy with the finished cosy.
    I tried to view your link on FB but it wouldn't let me, is it set to public? I am on fb and I've been thinking of making a Justjen-knits&stitches page there so I can chat with people in real time, but don't know how it would go. If you sent me a photo of your cosy to my email address (it's on my profile) I'm happy to put it up here on my blog, I'm thrilled when people post pics of my patterns - Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you for your pattern! I took a stab at it - http://thecraftyllama.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for your awesome pattern. I took a stab at it - http://thecraftyllama.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michaela, it looks great,I love your projects and your nails :-)

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Justjen! :D

      Delete
  34. Thank you for sharing your pattern, Love the tea cosy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks frangipanni, I appreciate the comment - Jen.

      Delete
  35. Hi,

    So love this tea cozy, thanks so much for sharing :)

    Just checking is your term dc a single crochet? I made first panel and it is huge lol. I know different ppl use diff terminology so I googled dc stitch and was doing it right, can u plse help me I need to know the length and width of the completed panel plse. U can delete this paragraph off as I didn't know how to email to ask. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy, if you have learnt to crochet via American terminology, yes our dc IS your sc. That's why I always put in the patterns that I use English Terminology.
      Terribly confusing isn't it, Britain, Australia and I think European countries use English terminolgy, but America uses their own! If you go have a look at the right hand column on my blog, I've put a link to a conversion chart for English/US crochet terms you can refer to in the future.

      I don't have one with me atm but the width of the panel should be about 23cm? before stitching up. Have a look at the suggestions I made above the pattern. Also if you use worsted weight ie 10ply instead of 8ply/DK it will also crochet up a lot bigger. As said in the pattern, the largest size is a "generous fit" for a 6 cup teapot, but if you want to make one slightly smaller, make the 2nd size down, especially if you are a loose crocheter. Hope this helps :-).

      Delete
  36. Hi Justjens,
    Have you seen this challenge for yarndale?
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=378643695571209&set=o.183877064958540&type=1&relevant_count=1

    I've been looking for a modern tea cosy to contribute. conscious of your instruction about nor for sale I'm asking for your permission to make your cosy and donate it to the challenge, who will auction it for funds for the charity.
    More than happy to credit you as designer.
    Please let me know your view
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course Helen, I don't mind at all. Thank you in advance for crediting the pattern back to me as designer, I appreciate that. I've heard about yarndale, but thanks for the link I'll go and have a look :-) - Jen xx

      Delete
  37. Have just completed this tea cosy - absolutely wrapped - fantastic pattern. Now about to start another one in different colours and size. Love it. Barbara 23/11/13

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you Barbara for leaving such a lovely comment. I'm so pleased you liked it - Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi, I don't know if I'm missing this in the pattern or blog comments some where, but I'm looking for an idea of how much yarn to use. I don't have DK scraps and can't afford to buy a bunch of skeins for one tea cozy. I'm trying to use self striping yarn to get a similar effect. You did make one from Noro Kureyon. Did you use more than one skein? Thanks for some info.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A 100g ball of 8ply/DK self striping yarn would be enough to complete a cosy. I think from memory I only used one ball of Kureyon, because it is so expensive.

      Delete
  40. Thank you for sharing your lovely patterns. I have a friend and daughter who are in competition with each other for the best tea cozy - I think this may just be a winner!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh thanks!! LOL that's funny, sounds like their competitiveness is a lot of fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thank you for sharing. Are you ok with my making for a charity to sell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok Ruth, as long as you don't print and sell the written pattern, and please include my Blog address as the designer, somewhere along the way, thanks.

      Delete
  43. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi there just found this pattern in a folder I had saved. I pulled it out to make one for a friend. I noticed that it said 8 ply yarn, I have never seen 8 ply yarn, does that mean using a double 4 ply yarn or does it come that way? If so can you tell me the brand so i can look for it specifically? I learn something everyday!! Thank You in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8ply is DK - doubleknit it is widely used here in Australia, UK, Europe. If you google it you should be able to find a stockist close to you :-).

      Delete
  45. Justjen, Thanks for sharing these wondrous patterns!!! But I have one question. I making the Easy Ripple Tea Cozy for a friend, but she only has a 10 cup tea pot. LOL! She is a Tea-a-holic. Do I add 6 extra stitches like from 4cup to 6 cups or is it more. I couldn't find any info. to up it. Thanks again! Shannon from Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Shannon, she is a tea lover :-). The pattern is made for 8ply yarn, dk (double knit) which is probably the most popular ply here in Aus and Britain, but not so much in the US. You could add on another 6 stitches, or I have had people complain that they have used Worsted weight yarn instead of 8ply, not understanding that worsted weight is a much thicker yarn, and the cosy is too big. In your case it might just fit lol. It is quite a roomy tea cosy for a 6 cup teapot. perhaps if you even try a larger hook you might get it up to the right size. That's all I can suggest, but if you're experimenting for size, do quite a few rows before measuring, because the ripple stitch will bring the width in, as you crochet a few rows. Hope that helps

      Delete
    2. Thanks So much!!!! I love all the cozy's They will be fun to make. Thanks for sharing your talent.
      Shannon

      Delete
  46. Justjen,
    Thanks for your generosity, the patterns look beautiful.
    You are clever.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Awww thank you, you're very nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  48. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi Jen, love this pattern and plan to make it for my MiL. Is there a link to the pattern for the cosy in the second picture as I'd like to make that too. Thanks for all your hard work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacki, thanks the 2nd one is a vintage pattern, if you send me your email address I'll send it to you - Jen

      Delete
  50. AnonymousMay 16, 2014

    Hi Jen, I have just come across your Easy Ripple Tea Cozy and love it. However, I am having trouble getting the pattern to download, is there a secret please. I could be computer challenged but I'll say no more. Many thanks Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay, you'll probably have to copy and paste it into a word document - Jen

      Delete
  51. Hello Justjen, I have a question about this pattern. I want to replicate a cozy my grandmother made but it is done in knit. The second picture posted on this pattern (the puffier purple cozy) is close to the one i wish to crochet. Is there anyway you would be able to describe to me how you did it? I have yarn to use and wish to create something beautiful as you have done!
    If you could help me to create a memory of my own with your perfect patterns i would be greatful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, the 2nd cosy is from a vintage pattern I have. If you can email me at sewcrazejen@yahoo.com.au I will send it to you. I do collect vintage patterns so if you did want to try to find the original knitted pattern of your Grandmother's, include a photo and I might even have it. I think I know which one it might be already. cheers Jen

      Delete
    2. AnonymousJuly 17, 2016

      This is the pattern I would love to try too. I've sent an email to this address. Hope you can contact me soon. Thanks Kate

      Delete
  52. Hi JustJen! :)

    I am from the US and we don't have "DK" weight yarn here. The "standard" weight yarn here is called "Worsted Weight" #4 - which is a 4-ply yarn and considered general purpose for most crochet and knit
    projects. Do you have a US version of your pattern? And which hook would you recommend when using
    #4 Worsted Weight yarn? I tend to crochet tight so I would probably go up one hook size to get the right guage for the pattern. Am an avid tea drinker and relatively new to crochet and this project suits me to a "tea"! :) Any help or suggestions you could make would be greatly appreciated. I am excited about giving this project a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi greydogsma, if you have a look right at the end of the pattern, you'll see I've included notes on making the tea cosy in Noro Kureyon which is 10ply - Worsted Weight http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/noro-kureyon. if you follow the pattern using those instructions it should be ok. If you use worsted weight for the pattern for DK it will be too large for your pot. Dk is 8ply and worsted weight is 10ply in our terms. Hope this helps -Jen. :-)

      Delete
  53. Thank you for your input, Jen! :) I am anxious to try this bright and cheery pattern. I hope I can figure out how to "translate" it into US terminology. I've never heard of Noro Kureyon, but I assume that is a premium ("expensive") brand of yarn? I am a senior on a very limited budget so I use inexpensive acrylic yarns, usually Red Heart brand. Do you suggest a particular gauge for either of your tea cozy patterns?
    I think a practice swatch is in order considering I will have to use a different type of yarn for this project.
    I am relatively new to crochet and want to do my best with new projects. We have a wonderful volunteer at our Senior Center who gives her time freely to introduce interested seniors to crochet and other yarn related crafts. The courses are short though, and only meant to get people started with the rudimentary "basics" - chain stitch, single crochet, double crochet, how to crochet in rows, and how to crochet in the round (granny squares). This will be a big step up for me and I really want to do my best. Thanks very much for your suggestions. Love your color work and your creativity, Jen! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi you don't have to use Kureyon, but it is worsted weight yarn, so should be similar to red heart and other cheaper worsted weight yarns. To convert to US terms our English dc is your sc. There is a conversion chart link from English to American crochet terms on the right hand side of my blog. The pattern does have tension instructions, but for 8ply/DK which is the most popular yarn here. Good luck with it :-).

      Delete
  54. Thank You very much for the Patterns, lovely.
    God bless you and your talent : )
    liazebabineau.

    ReplyDelete
  55. How do you attach the tops together ? It's not working for me

    ReplyDelete
  56. Ah it just dawned on me !

    ReplyDelete
  57. AnonymousMay 29, 2015

    Ok so going through the comments I do feel more stupid as I was hoping someone else had asked this question ! I am not quite understanding what you mean by "dec over next 3ch", do I dc these together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, if you look at the beginning of the pattern, just after the Tension guide, you will see a section called Terms. An explanation of "dec over next 3sts" is there. I hope that helps - Jen.

      Delete
  58. These are just adorable!! I can't wait to make one. Thank you so much for being so generous as to share your talents with us. So appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Thank you so much for sharing all of your beautiful patterns . I have made the "Flower Garden "tea cosy also the "Rosebuds" ( with a different top ) and loved the look of the "Easy Ripple" cosy but thought it looked too difficult for someone who hasn't done a lot of crocheting . So I decided to test it out - and it is easy ! Looks like everyone will be getting tea cosies for Christmas !!. Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. Hi,
    I really love this tea cosy design. I have been making tea cosies for my local Age UK charity shop. Would it be ok for me to make this design and donate it to them for them to sell for the charity? I won't get any money out of it, but I will get the pleasure of making it.
    Thanks for sharing this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok with me, as long as all the proceeds go to charity I'm happy if you make a few to sell.

      Delete
  62. AnonymousJuly 17, 2016

    Hi JustJen,
    I'd really like to get the pattern for the vintage ripple tea cozy that is the second photo at the beginning of this page. I did email you a couple of days ago to the email address found in the comments above but haven't heard back so not sure if you have received it or not. I'd love to make this tea cozy for my daughter.
    Regards
    kate

    ReplyDelete
  63. AnonymousJuly 17, 2016

    Hi JustJen,
    Just wondering if it's possible to get the vintage ripple tea cozy pattern you used in the second picture at the beginning of this page with the purple and pink tea cozy. I'd love to make for my daughter. I sent you an email a couple of days ago but not sure if you have received this. Sent from by BigPond email address.

    ReplyDelete
  64. AnonymousJuly 17, 2016

    Hi JustJen,
    Is it possible to get a copy of your vintage ripple tea cozy pattern? I'd like to make it for my daughter. I sent an email to the sewcrazjen email in an earlier post a few days ago but haven't heard back. It was from my BigPond email. Look forward to hearing from you soon. Kate

    ReplyDelete
  65. Hi JustJen, i love your paytern and would love to make a few for the Woolly Hugs charity christmas sale. I would attach your website to each cosy. Would this be ok?

    ReplyDelete
  66. Hi Jen,

    Is it ok to make your Ripple Cosy to sell via the charity Woolly Hugs in the UK in aid of Alzheimers Society?
    Regards Paula

    ReplyDelete
  67. When I first saw this I thought it was a hat. It is very lovely as a tea cozy, but I am hoping to make a hat with it. Great pattern, very original. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Hi JustJen - I've made four or five of these, for various friends and relations - it's such a successful pattern. I've just bought a two-cup pot, and want to make a 'mini' version. I'm a bit hopeless at maths, and was wondering if you or any of your readers have adjusted your pattern for a much smaller pot.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I'm very happy to help you with any questions about my patterns. The comments are moderated only to stop spam mail coming through, so your comment will be published as soon as I get a chance to check them - thanks Jen.