Saturday, 17 August 2013

Finders Keepers - Hand-some Things

Some recent finds relating to hands, some will be a stretch, but we'll give it a go

HANDBAGS

Evening bags actually, from the local Salvos, the little gold one was $2



The lovely Vera May one was
buried under everything else and was $6. I'd bought the gold one just to use the frame, but I love them both so much hanging together, it get's to stay the way it is.

HAND knitted Tea Cosy - my very first Tea cosy knitted by my dear Mum 20 years ago.




Quilt Panel for $1, not my room colours but it was so nice I couldn't resist. It will be HAND quilted and made into a bag.




Another vintage Peanuts Tea Towel. Of course you dry your HANDS with these, told you some were going to be a stretch :-)


CHRISTMAS HANDS
                                                                     Smittens


Tiny mittens to hold treats on the Christmas Tree or strung into a garland (thank you to the ladies from the Christmas Group on Ravelry for showing me this pattern xx)


VINTAGE HANDS
A crochet glove pattern perfect for a Vintage / Steampunk Wedding,


               http://freevintagecrochet.com/gloves-patterns/spool168/fair-lady-gloves-pattern

and
GARDEN HANDS
Succulent planters made by pouring concrete into rubber gloves ... creepy or cool ... you decide!
http://www.drought-smart-plants.com/i-tryed-the-recipe-suggested-for-hypertufa-handsdid-it.html#.UguJI5LI2M4

Have a lovely weekend everyone, it's supposed to be mainly sunny and a mild 25c in Brisbane tomorrow. What will everyone be doing?



4 comments:

  1. An interesting bunch of hand some things. Very clever. I like the quirky hands full of plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the plant hands too Dianne, would like to give it a go :-).

      Delete
  2. A very 'handy' post - I also like the hand gardens - would also like to have a go at making them - a 'handful' of plants!! Love the teapot cosy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I wonder if we could hand-le making the planters on our own - terrible! If you'd like the Cosy pattern I think I have it in Mum's books xx.

      Delete

I love reading your comments, and I'm very happy to help you with any questions about my patterns. The comments are moderated only to stop spam mail coming through, so your comment will be published as soon as I get a chance to check them - thanks Jen.