Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Happy 2013

Happy New Year!
Our clocks turned over to 2013 about an hour ago, with lots of kisses and hugs from those I love, and a final glass of bubbly pink stuff, which I'm drinking very slowly because it goes to my head quickly but it's so nice!
Can't Stop The Music is on - nothing like a cheezy old movie to start off the year lol.
I woke up yesterday morning with the urge to pack away Christmas a day early, instead of waiting for New Year's Day, so everything is back to normal now, except for a few boxes of chocolates we're chomping through, and some new pressies in the house.

These little guys needed to be finished, so they got to stay out. They're from an old Family Circle pattern from 1984.
The original pattern was done on 2.75mm needles to make small tree decorations, but I knitted these with 3.75mm needles to make them larger. They ended up being 19cm tall, and I made up some elf ears for them. They're definitely on my list for next year...sorry I mean this year!.


  I love the week between Christmas and New Year, it's always so relaxing and a great time for finishing ufos and starting new projects you promised you would get done LAST YEAR, so my first project for 2013 
is this -
I guess you'd class it as a yarnbombing project, I'll show you when it's finished.

I won't even try to predict what will occur in 2013. 
In 2012 I turned 50, I had good health, I had bad health, I met new friends and some old ones, I was happy and sad, I lost a loved one,  I regretted things, I appreciated things, I was given a once in a lifetime opportunity, I loved, I laughed, I had fun, I tried my best, I learnt a lot - still learning even at this age!
Happy New Year for those still catching up with us!
love Jen.
   

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Jen!
    I love your string of reindeer & darling hens in your last post! Hope your Christmas was very merry and 2013 is your best year yet!
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you the same Danette, with good health and lots of love and laughter in your life xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jenny. Ta for saying hello over at QoftheTC. You've made a terrific effort on all your knitted Christmassy stuff. Love those Xmas elves and the hanging chooks. Have a great year. 1979 was my final tertiary year. We are sort of close then in age.
    Loani

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very Happy New Year to you and yours Jen.
    Love the little pixies.
    Love Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you Laura, wishing you many happy times in 2013.

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year dear Jen and all the family!
    See you THIS year!!! lol

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you to Karen, you may see us NEXT week THIS year lol, if I get my yarnbombing project done ....hint hint it rattles - Jen.

      Delete
  6. Those elves are just so cute Jen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria, they were a lot of fun to make - Jen.

      Delete

I love reading your comments, and I'm very happy to help you with any questions about my patterns. The comments are moderated only to stop spam mail coming through, so your comment will be published as soon as I get a chance to check them - thanks Jen.