Monday, 13 August 2012

Photo A Day - August - Simple

It was a Simple Choice


to choose this photo for today the 13th of August, my Mother's Birthday. Mum would have been 86 years old today. Born on Friday the 13th, she would like to tell people that, it was the special little thing about her she thought, but of course there were lots of special things about her.
The photo must have been taken early 1963 at St Clement's Church, (the old one) at Stafford, Brisbane. 
She is holding her youngest daughter (me) at my Christening. 
In the photo the daughter hadn't made her mind up yet whether she should trust humans. 
I can still do that look. 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! PRICELESS in every way. Today is my oldest daughter's birthday. She is 27. Although she was not born on a Friday, my paternal grandfather was delighted when she arrived on the 13th of the month. In his lineage she was the 13th person to be born on the 13th. Must be something to that, right?! And I love the look on your cherubic baby face!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday to your daughter. There must be great significance for the number 13 in your family. They do say if you are born on the 13th it's a lucky day for you, no doubt someone born on the 13th started that one.

      Delete

I love reading your comments, and I'm very happy to help you with any questions about my patterns. The comments are moderated only to stop spam mail coming through, so your comment will be published as soon as I get a chance to check them - thanks Jen.