Thursday, 2 August 2012

Photo A Day - August - Outside

I'm taking part in Photo A Day over at Fat Mum Slim for the month of August. Join in if you like, let me know  so I can visit your blog to have a look at your pics as well. Let's see if I can do it for the whole month - challenge excepted

Today ....Outside


We live in a lovely area, that we really don't appreciate. As I left the house I realised I could drive in almost every direction for 10 minutes or less, and find water. We live 3 minutes from the North Pine River, another 5 and I'm at a lovely fishing spot at the mouth of the River and looking out to Moreton Bay. Heading north east, I'll end up at Redcliffe a beautiful city on Moreton Bay and gateway to Moreton Island. 
Heading west for 10 mins will take me to the picturesque North Pine Dam. For this photo I headed back and drove to Bullocky Rest which is on Lake Samsonvale, a lake created from the building of North Pine Dam.
It was so quiet and deserted when I got there, not like on weekends when it's full of picnicers. The water was so still and glassy, I pulled over and took this shot. (If I take this long for every photo I'm not going to get any work done all month!)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a landscape painting! Beautiful!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, even more beautiful when the sun is setting behind the mountains, nature does the best landscape paintings doesn't she! - Jen.

      Delete

I love reading your comments, and I'm very happy to help you with any questions about my patterns. The comments are moderated only to stop spam mail coming through, so your comment will be published as soon as I get a chance to check them - thanks Jen.