Sunday, 13 May 2012

From a big Singer to a little Singer

An early Mother's Day gift, thanks to the lovely people at Old As Antiques & Collectables at Stafford, who kindly rang me Friday, to let me know a little toy Singer had come in. I started collecting toy machines after I ran out of room for the big ones.  
The fabulous orange case is only 24cm tall, so cute! 
Made in France, can't find an actual date online, but I reckon late 60's early 70's, still with it's little instruction/pattern book. Thanks guys at Old As for letting me know, did you know they are on Facebook now so you can check out what's in stock! 
Wishing all the Mums a happy Mother's Day today,
Jen.


4 comments:

  1. So cute. Does it still work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it yet Maria, but I doubt it, the terminals are very corroded, as happened when we all left batteries in our toys as kids. I'll give it a sand back & see what happens. I have a couple of old metal ones that still work, one is a Sew-ette brand, that even has a light, but it goes like crazy when you hit the switch, I reckon it would have taken a few girls' fingers off back in the 60's lol.

      Delete
  2. I'd love to see your collection of toy sewing machines! Perhaps you could make a separate page of them! I have a small blue metal one that I learned to sew on back in the 60's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I'd love to, will have to get the camera out - Jen.

      Delete

I love reading your comments, and I'm very happy to help you with any questions about my patterns. The comments are moderated only to stop spam mail coming through, so your comment will be published as soon as I get a chance to check them - thanks Jen.