Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Books Brisbane.

I miss Borders! Even though the books instore were expensive, I miss going in & browsing their huge range of books. Sure you can buy cheap online, but I like to flick through a book before I part with my money.
That's why I was pleased to find Allbooksforless at DFO (Airport) a few weeks ago. I rarely go to DFO, I'm not really a fashionista. We only go when ds wants to buy a new pair of shoes from Converse, or in this case when the other kids want to shop there. But I was told about a bookstore at DFO & anyone who's been there will know that's a rare thing.

Most books are $5, some $10 & $20. All are brand new, excess to publisher's stocks. You may not find the newest releases but still a huge range. I came away with an art book, a knit book & 2 quilting books all $5each. So if you're poor but you still need a book fix, go for a browse. Look online for locations in Brisbane, there was also one at Bracken Ridge, but ring first to see if it's still there.

You can also buy online at http://www.allbooks4less.com.au/. Thought I'd try the online store out for you, good of me wasn't it! I took advantage of the free postage (with a spend over $30 Aus only), ordered them late last week & they were here yesterday morning by registered post, not dumped at my doorstep like other yarn & book companies using normal postage. And I have to say I got 5 tracking emails from AP throughout the day (I was out when they tried to deliver) so a big smile for AP as well.
So all good, I  bought 2 gift knitting books to put away, some other titles for me, & one I'm donating to my knitting group on Sunday for some of our beginner crocheters to use.
Shhhhh! it's a surprise.
Jen.

2 comments:

  1. I miss Borders too, never bought a book there because of the prices, but .......
    Wish I was somewhere near QLD, cause like you, I usually only buy books once I can see what's inside ;-)
    Thanks for the tip about online though, having a little loookkeee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria check out the store locations on the site, hopefully there might be one near you - Jen.

      Delete

I love reading your comments, and I'm very happy to help you with any questions about my patterns. The comments are moderated only to stop spam mail coming through, so your comment will be published as soon as I get a chance to check them - thanks Jen.