Friday, 23 September 2011

Caboolture Bookfest.

Hi all.
Attended another Bookfest last weekend run by Lifeline, a wonderful Australian Charity. I've never been to the Caboolture one before which caters for the Northern Brisbane / Sunshine Coast regions. I've always made the long journey into South Brisbane to attend the huge one held there twice a year.

I don't know why I've never bothered to go to this one, but I will again. It only took 20 mins to get there, with ample parking right outside the door. It was a quarter of the size of the Brisbane one, but the quality of the books in the no price section was excellent.
Most of my books cost $1 or 50c for patterns, which included a few fairly new ones. No vintage tea cosy patterns I'm afraid, but heaps of good stuff from the 70's onward, mainly crochet.


I had better get cracking & start on some Summer tops I've chosen from them. It feels like Summer already here in Brisbane, with temperatures hitting 30c for a couple of days, which is unusually hot for Spring.
With the heat comes the bushfires, unfortunately we've had some already this week, some controlled burns, some not. It's left a smokey haze over Brisbane but we've had an amazing orange sun at sunset because of it.

Also on the list of things to do is to put up a couple of free tea cosy patterns before Christmas, a stitching project for a friend's gift & some cloth Santa's. I'm also trying to get together enough tea cosy stock to attend a local school craft fair.
It is only June isn't it???
Love Jen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I'm very happy to help you with any questions about my patterns. The comments are moderated only to stop spam mail coming through, so your comment will be published as soon as I get a chance to check them - thanks Jen.