Sunday, 1 May 2011

Treasure Hunts & Tiara Parties

I've had so much fun this weekend !! I don't follow astrology but I am a Libran, so my stars must have been a bit alright. Thought I'd share...
The Treasure Hunt
Starting from Friday which isn't officially the weekend, I went treasure hunting. Visiting quite a few junk shops in the area I came home with a very sweet Coffee Pot.

I've been after one for ages, every one I saw was either well out of my price range or terrible 70's brown.
So being a blue addict I snapped this up for $3.
I also found a very good quality 1 cup stainless teapot. for $1.95. The cosy for this one is already being planned & I'll probably be up late tonight having a knit.
 I also found a few vintage & retro patterns,

And while I didn't find this on Friday, I did come across it a couple of weeks ago at an antique shop, a Delft Blue Tile - told you I was Bluaddicted. It is so lovely & now proudly sits on my hall stand.


















So when I arrived home I desperately wanted to sit down & play with my treasures (just sitting down would've been nice!). Instead I had to quickly clean up & cook a couple of things for my Tiara Party.
The Tiara Party
Yes a group of fun women some young, some in their 40's & 50's got together, put on either a tiara, gloves, or a bit of "bling" & watched the Royal Wedding together. Everyone brought some yummy food, some yummy drink, & I threw in a couple of bottles of bubbly. So we oooed & aaahed especially when we first saw Kate. It was a great excuse to get together, & it was so much more fun watching it together than alone - here's my Tiara lol...
I almost forgot, Saturday morning I attended a new knitting group full of very nice friendly talented people, it was nice to talk knitting for an hour or so, & I look forward to going back.
Jenny

7 comments:

  1. now you have had a great time lately, did you?
    i`ve looked at the wedding too, realy a beautiful dress, Kate had on.
    the tille is dutch (as you know i am) it say; the carpenter, in Dutch.
    i`m looking forward to see what you make out of your coffee pot.
    if you make something with stairs i`ll bow for you, i realy do......hahaha
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks for telling me about the tile, if I put up a photo of the back, you may be able to tell me some more about it. I don't think it's very old but I did pay more than a couple of dollars for it. I have had something planned for the coffee pot, but I need to finish some other things first :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure, no problem! you`ve made me curious about it.
    and the coffee pot allso, haaha
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi miek 2, I've posted a photo of the back of the tile, hope you can see it ok. The coffee pot is just "made in China".

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Jenny,
    what`s on the back is a note that should be on the shippingbox or on the bill/factuur.
    it is the address where the tile has send to.
    i have taken the libberty (if i say that right) to call the phone number. it`s a number in Amsterdam but it was out of order.
    it`s made in the tile factory witch ar no longer in Delft, but in Makkum (thats in Friesland)one of our provincie`s
    but they still call it Delfs blue becouse it`s all about the paint they use.
    when it`s made by hand you should see a number on the back (whitch a don`t see)
    but it comes from the real factory.
    greetings miek

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks miek for going to all that trouble, that was so nice of you. I know so much more about it now - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your wellcome, i enjoy all of your work :-)
    greetings

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I'm very happy to help you with any questions about my patterns. The comments are moderated only to stop spam mail coming through, so your comment will be published as soon as I get a chance to check them - thanks Jen.