Thursday, 26 May 2011

Definitely Beanie Weather.

Hello all,
All quiet on the Tea Cosy making front at the moment.
While I admit we do get mild Winters here in Brissie, it can drop down to 0 C overnight. The last 2 nights have proved it's going to be a colder than normal Winter (for us anyway).
I know it doesn't get cold enough to snow here, so I shouldn't complain, but we do get deadly hot Summers instead lol.

Because of the sudden cold snap, the last couple of weeks I've been obligated to beanie knitting, some for the homeless in Brisbane via K4BN, some for my kids & their friends, & even one for me.
I'm also contributing to a yarn bombing project (what fun!!), so I need to seriously get some of it done!

Some May photos -
Mother's Day brought me lovely pink crystal earrings from one son, knitting magazines from another, & a cd I can listen to when I walk from the third & some goodies from the husband as well - very nice!
Beanies, scarves & fingerless gloves for charity
My Cat fingerless gloves made in Moda Vera 8ply (non itchy so far).
New stitch markers. There are at least 3 stitch markers lost somewhere in this house, in a twilight zone, along with other things including my favourite measuring spoon, one silver earring with blue stones, & a copy of the PC game, Monkey Island  lol.

Finally a Granny Beanie for me, made in Lincraft Cosy Wool. I love these, they're really quick & look so retro - 

Lots of things are going on in our city the next few days. I have knitting group on Saturday.
Tuesday the 31st I'm going to the Biggest Morning Tea (a fundraiser for Cancer), & on Wednesday a Craft Fair in our City Square, where we can sit & knit in public (hopefully in the lovely warm sunshine).
Love to everyone,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I'm very happy to help you with any questions about my patterns. The comments are moderated only to stop spam mail coming through, so your comment will be published as soon as I get a chance to check them - thanks Jen.