Monday, 11 April 2011

Ripple Tea Cosy Bag

Just thought I'd post a photo of my Tea Cosy Bag.
I wondered if I could make a bag from the Easy Ripple Tea Cosy  pattern by enlarging it, turning it upside down & adding a strap, so here it is -


I increased the pattern to 12dc between ripples and used a larger 5mm crochet hook.
I made it in one piece, joining every round, but turning & going back each round to keep the ridged pattern.

If I made another I would probably make it a little larger again but make it in 2 pieces, so I could give the bag side seams to prevent it stretching. It's unlined here for the photo but I intend on lining it with fabric so it doesn't stretch.  The buttons here are just temporary until I find some others. They are quite nice actually, they have little cherubs inside a round window, with hearts around the outside, so If I can't find anything I like better, they can stay lol - Jenny.

6 comments:

  1. What a bright and cheery bag love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beaut bag, I'm hoping to make one.
    I'm also planning to try and make a hat from the ripple tea cosy with matching scarf and handwarmers. Auskick is so cold in Albury in Winter, so I sit and knit and freeze, some wooly accessories might help :)
    Angela from Albury

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great Angela, I must use my bag more,I should start taking it to Knitting group. I was a Soccer Mum instead of Auskick, but same night training sessions & early morning games, so know exactly what you mean. Thanks for the comment, it's nice hearing that people are using the patterns - Jen.

      Delete
  3. Hello jen,
    I love this bag! And i will try to make one for myself.
    So if i understand correctly, i take the pattern from the ripple stitch tea cosy, and do exactly the same?
    But only a little longer (more 6-row colours)?
    Thank you for sharing your pattern, i look forward making it!

    Kris, from belgium

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris, yes but I made the whole thing wider than the tea cosy pattern, by increasing it to 12dc between each ripple and I used a larger hook (see above). I'm sorry but I've since sold the bag so I can't have a look at it, but you can recalculate how many chain you need on paper - following the tea cosy pattern. Then just make it as long as you would like it - Jen.

      Delete

I love reading your comments, and I'm very happy to help you with any questions about my patterns. The comments are moderated only to stop spam mail coming through, so your comment will be published as soon as I get a chance to check them - thanks Jen.